Thursday, July 22, 2010

Well, we have come to the end of quite an interesting journey. This will be my last post. I know, I know, what will you all do without your Vovchachow? Hopefully get back to the real world!!
Some have wondered if I will continue this blog. Sorry gang, but I've gotta end it while the going is good. This has been one of the best things I have ever done. Lame, no? But knowing that you all loved reading what I had to say- I'm still having a hard time wrapping my brain around that. If I was able to be the link between you and your kids, or between you and your memories of this place, than I am honored and humbled to be that link. Some have also asked if I am going to return to the kitchen next year. There are several extenuating circumstances, the most important one being that I am currently, ahem, unemployed and will need to find a job asap. If that job is in teaching, with the summer off, then I will have to do some serious thinking. Until that day, please know that your embracing of this blog will never be forgotten. Dyakuyu, and CHOW!

9 comments:

  1. Well done...і в кухні і на блаґ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesia, dyakuyu for all the wonderful kuxnya reportage. I will miss the daily rants and ravings. This blog has been a success and a wonderful contribution to life na tabori. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    (Damian, I'll see you at Sokil!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the great blog. It brought a smile (in some cases laughing out loud) in moments of the day that really needed to be brightened up. I certainly will miss reading it. Safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesiu - this was wonderful! Dyakuyu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second all these thoughts!
    Amazing job bringing "life in the kukhnya" to life!
    Thanks for entertaining us these past three weeks!
    Anya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesiu - this was my first opportunity to read your blog (your parents mentioned it to me when I saw them in NJ), and I ended up devouring the whole thing in one shot. Nice work! I laughed out loud and enjoyed your stories immensely - I'm sure it was somewhat cathartic to vent after those long and exhausting days. Oh, and I agree with others - you MUST continue blogging! Natalka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you! :) And best with the job-hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete